75 g sugar
75 g Golden Syrup
250 g oats
- Put the 150 g of margarine, 75 g of sugar & 75 g of golden syrup in saucepan (or microwaveable bowl if using a microwave oven) and heat until it is all liquid.
- Meanwhile line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all the oats (125 g of chopped rolled & 125 g of rolled) into the liquid.
- Put the mixture into the baking tin & press flat.
- Bake at 175 deg C (Gas Mark 4) for 25 to 30 minutes. Warning: the timing is tolerant but accuracy in temperature is critical.
- Slice into 8 fingers (by cutting into half along the perpendicular bisector of two sides and into quarters perpendicular to the first cut) before it sets but leave in place in tin.
- Leave to cool and set.
2 cups brown sugar
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk, more as needed
Stir sugar and condensed milk together; heat over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, till sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir well. Add milk and stir well.